Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition

Hello people! Hope everyone is having an amazing weekend.

I’m not a photographer by any means, but I love to take pictures. This weeks Weekly Photo Challenge is: Juxtaposition.

“A juxtaposition is “the act of placing things side by side, especially for the purpose of comparison or contrast”

Here’s my input on this weeks photo challenge. Hope you enjoy!

This one is a bright rainbow I captured behind our house in the midst of a dark stormy sky.

(c) JLPhillips 2013
(c) JLPhillips 2013

My little dog Sam and the bigger cat Pouncer sharing the same space and sunshine. These two sharing the same spot at the same time is a rare occurrence! I just had to capture it.

(c) JLPhillips 2013
(c) JLPhillips 2013

This last one is a tree that was in our backyard. It was covered with frost and I loved how it looked against the bright blue winter sky.

(c)JLPhillips 2013

9. Weekly Photo Challenge : Juxtaposition | Retirement and beyond
  10. Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition | Ana Linden
  11. WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: JUXTAPOSITION | Dear Bliary
  12. Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition « Dodger Blue World
  13. WPC: Juxtaposition | beeblu blog
  14. Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition | belgradestreets
  15. Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition | The World Is a Book…
  16. Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition | Lostinthot
  17. Mao at the Met: a disturbing juxta-position? | Tish Farrell
  18. Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition « blogagaini
  19. Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition « Leya
  20. Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition | Olivia May Photography
  21. Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition | Travel Monkey
  22. Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition | Forest Garden
  23. Weekly Photo Challenge – Juxtaposition | The River Mom
About these ads

25 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition

1. NotAPunkRocker January 25, 2014 / 12:04 pm

Nice! I like the rainbow just peeking out, like you don’t know what else is behind the clouds but you hope it’s good.

• JackieP January 25, 2014 / 1:23 pm

That’s what I liked about it too! Plus it was strange not to see the whole rainbow, like it was teasing me.

2. Maddie Cochere January 25, 2014 / 12:11 pm

Pouncer is so obviously thinking, “I will share this space with you for now, Sam, but if that tail wags and hits me in the face, my paw is at the ready to swipe you.” :-) That’s a very cute picture. All of your pictures are nice and fit the word well.

• JackieP January 25, 2014 / 1:25 pm

Oh yeah Maddie, that is exactly what Pouncer was thinking! She’s pretty fast with the swipes. haha.

3. tiny lessons blog January 25, 2014 / 12:32 pm

Nice pictures! It’s rare to catch a rainbow like that, just a little piece and so bright! Sam and Pouncer bring to mind a chapter Bumble wrote :) The tree in your backyard looks amazing!

• JackieP January 25, 2014 / 1:26 pm

I loved that the rainbow was just peeking out. Never did show itself completely. I can’t wait to read Bumbles book! :-)

• tiny lessons blog January 25, 2014 / 3:50 pm

Maybe in about 2, max 3 weeks! he has progress to report and we’re hoping the same for his eye :)

• JackieP January 25, 2014 / 4:10 pm

Yea! I do hope it’s good news about the eye. Poor Bumble. I hate when my little buddy is sick. I imagine you were very worried about the little guy.

4. Lois Field January 25, 2014 / 8:00 pm

Lovely, precious to catch Sam and the cat not trying to torment each other. Your tree is amazing winter can be beautiful.

• JackieP January 25, 2014 / 8:31 pm

Winter can indeed be beautiful. I like that part of it. The cold not so much. ;-)

• JackieP January 26, 2014 / 9:11 am

Thank you. It was a beautiful, if cold sight.

5. Tish Farrell January 26, 2014 / 8:16 am

Thanks for the pingback and for visiting, Jackie. Your segment of rainbow is wonderful.

• JackieP January 26, 2014 / 9:12 am

Thank you Tish and you’re welcome.

6. Aussa Lorens January 26, 2014 / 2:16 pm

Love all of these but most especially the rainbow in the stormy sky.

7. insearchofitall January 27, 2014 / 7:11 pm

I loved your photos. The rainbow had an eerie feel to it. I liked the frozen tree. Looks like Sam got to be top dog for the moment getting the sunniest spot and Pounce is ready to take it from him. :) I remember that much cold and snow where I lived before. They have none this year and it’s very odd. The weather has gone sideways.

• JackieP January 27, 2014 / 8:01 pm

When Sam wants something bad enough he manages to get it. haha! He loves his sunshine. The weather is indeed strange lately.

Breathe Your Words To Me

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s