This weeks writing challenge from the Daily Post is “I Wish I Were”. We are to finish the sentence …..I Wish I were…..
I wish I were a better writer, so that I could say in words all the dreams, thoughts and pictures in my mind. They are beautiful. But I never seem to get the words right. How can I tell you about the bright reds of my dream trees? The sunshine a brilliant yellow that glows with happiness.
If I were a better writer I could tell you about characters in ways that would make you think you were by their sides in each adventure. I could paint my word pictures with the hues of the rainbow, each chapter being another layer of color one upon the other.
My words could convey the heart thumping fears of the unknown. The shivers of suspense that builds in each small word. The colors themselves would not be on the page, but in your mind, playing your imagination like a well tuned violin. Each letter a note of wonderful music gently strumming your nerve ends in tingling melodies.
I wish I were a better writer so that you my readers could see what I try to write with each sentence, each paragraph, each page of my thoughts. Not only would the stories grow with light and beauty, or dark with shadows. Each story would show you the tiny piece of my soul that went into the writings.
I Wish I were a better writer of dreams so all of you could see my world of words.
- I wish I were | Stumbling Through Life
- I Wish I Were in Timbuktu | Expat Alien
- Weekly Writing Challenge: I Wish I Were | …and she writes
- I wish I were – The A to Z « s1ngal
- I wish I were(n’t) | thematticuskingdom
- Weekly Writing Challenge: I Wish I Were « Unity with style and substance
- Weekly writing challenge: I wish I were « Rooktopia
- I wish I were… « smittenwithhim
- Weekly Writing Challenge and hot dogs « DCMontreal
- I Wish I Were . . . Certain « Spirit Lights The Way
- Weekly Writing Challenge: I Wish I Were… Satisfied. « At least we made it this far…