I’m taking a break from house cleaning, yeah I know, but it has to be done at some point.
So I figured since I’m taking a short break I would write something so I feel better about today. Housework is evil folks. I have little evil imps that mess my house up while I’m sleeping.
Wait a minute! That’s the cats, sorry. 😉
The Daily Prompt for today is Far From Normal. Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
Oh oh, maybe this isn’t as easy as I thought it was going to be. Let me see what I can possibly come up with. Anyone that has followed this blog for any length of time knows me fairly well. I have given out more information on here then my own family knows! Hmmm maybe I have my #1!
1. Well I have 3 siblings, an older sister and brother and a younger brother. We aren’t close and that is stating it mildly. My older sis and I are the closest and we rarely talk. Maybe a couple of times a year, by phone. My older brother, I have nicknamed ‘The Toad’. Not nice but that’s what he reminds me of. He and I have never gotten along, at all. Period. He is a braggart, a wind bag, a know it all with an ego the size of Texas. The reason he doesn’t like me is I call him on his BS. The reason I don’t like him is because of his BS. There are other factors as to why I can’t stand the man, but for now I will keep those to myself. He knows what he did. My younger brother and I used to be really close. Not anymore. He has sided with my older brother against me for some reason. I am the black sheep of the family, they have rarely seen me in the past twenty years, yet they sit in judgement of me. Am I bitter? No not really. I’m just a realist. A lot of people who I have met through the years think it’s strange that I very rarely talk to my siblings. We can’t all be close.
2. I’m afraid of the dark. Yeah, I am. I must have night lights. I have good reasons of my childish fright, but I won’t get into them today. Maybe some day.
3. I see ghosts. Many of my readers know this as I have written about it recently. I also hear them.
4. I am terrible with math. I hate it and it hates me. Yet, I can remember numbers. One time I worked at a place that sold crafts. The ones that other people have done. We had thousands of items. Yet, I knew all the inventory codes (numbers) for every item. I just retain them. The owner of the store used to quiz me once in a while. She would call out an item and I could tell her the inventory code without looking it up. I never got it wrong. Yeah, I’m weird.
5. I am a woman who owns 3 pairs of shoes. Yes, I said 3 pairs! I have a pair of sneakers, a pair of sandals and a pair of dressy shoes. That’s it! Most men have more pairs of shoes than me. Oh and I never wear socks. I hate them. I live in Canada and never wear socks. I hate shopping with a passion.
6. I love adventure. Most people who know me think of me as quiet and reserved (ok, ok, quit your laughing!). Honest they do, but I have quite an adventurous spirit. I have traveled across the US a number of times. I have moved to places where I didn’t know a soul. I have driven a 22 foot U-Haul with a trailer behind that ( hauling my car) across the states! I also backed it up. Do you know how hard it is to back up something that frickin long? I have to admit I did have a spotter, but still it is NOT easy, but I did it! I’m also adventurous in other ways that might surprise a few people. 😉
There you have it folks, 6 crazy facts about your truly. What about you? What’s one crazy, strange, thing about you that not many people know? Tell me, I promise not to tell a soul!