If you could get all the nutrition you needed in a day with a pill — no worrying about what to eat, no food preparation — would you do it?
This is today’s Daily Prompt and I just had to answer that question. With a resounding …… Maybe!
For me this is a question to be pondered, thought about, asked again and again in my mind. Why you might ask? For several reasons.
One, I have a food blog. Yeah I do as most of you know. Change is Good….Right?? Now having that food blog means I like cooking. I like smelling the food cooking. I like experimenting with recipes. And don’t forget the tasting! I mean who can forget that first warm mouthful of great tasting food? The feel of it on your tongue. The spices rolling around your mouth, waking your taste buds up!
Close your eyes and remember that special meal you had. Maybe it was a new dish you’ve never tried before. Or maybe it was an old favorite. Close your eyes and remember the pleasure it gave you. Think you can get that in a pill? No way!
Pop a pill, take a sip of water and poof you’re done for that meal! BORING!!
Think of all the time spent cooking meals. Planning meals. Shopping for meals. Eating meals. That my friend is a lot of time! Time that could be spent doing other things. Like blogging! Or jogging! Or painting! Or reading! Or writing! You get the picture.
Also, I’m diabetic. I take shots and pills for it. I also have to watch what I eat very carefully. Be on a schedule. All that to keep my blood sugars stable. Talk about a pain in the…. you know what. Now if all I had to do was take a pill to get all I needed in a meal. Would that take care of the diabetes? Maybe. I wouldn’t be eating real food, so my sugars would be nil. Right? At least that is my thinking. Things to seriously consider.
Let me know what you think. I love comments!
- Daily Prompt : Red Pill Blue Pill (writinglikeastoner.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Red Pill, Blue Pill | Authentic Indian Thali (jayati7.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Red Pill, Blue Pill (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- Daily Prompt; Red Pill, Blue Pill (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Popping A Pill Instead Of Eating? (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Popping Pills (hopethehappyhugger.wordpress.com)
- Red Pill, Blue Pill, no Food, no thrill… (Daily Prompt) (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)
- A Pill is no Cannoli (themercenaryresearcher.wordpress.com)
- DP Daily Prompt: Red Pill, Blue Pill Post by Ranu (sabethville.wordpress.com)