This is done for the Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow
As I stepped outside with my dog Sam, I felt the wind pick up with a bit of moisture in it.
Sam was hesitant to go out at first. I know animals feel the change in the atmosphere before we humans do.
I glanced up at the sky and saw this cloud over the house. For a small moment I was mesmerized by the vastness, color and beauty of the threatening clouds.
Then I sprinted inside to grab my camera. I just had to try to get a shot of this cloud! The beauty of it took my breath away!
As I clicked away I heard the rumble of thunder creeping ever closer. This cloud was the foreshadow of a wild storm that brought everything with it. Within 15 minutes we got rain, wind, thunder, lightning and hail.
The hail came down so hard that I couldn’t see across the street. The temperature dropped a good 20 degrees within seconds. It dropped so fast my windows in the house steamed up.
The cats hid and Sam stuck to my side. Who would have guessed that this beautiful piece of nature could be the start of one of the worse storms I have seen here in Canada in many years.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: FORESHADOW (opallaontrails.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow (Storm in the Rockies) (skpfoto.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow (yobynos.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow (ohthethingsweshallsee.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow (heronthereeverywhere.us)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow (thelintinmypocket.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow (trishadm.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge (Foreshadow) (mrscarmichael.wordpress.com)