What have you been putting off doing? Why?
The simple answer to this question is: Everything!
I have even put off doing this post. I seem to be putting off doing anything and everything lately. I put the ‘Pro’ in Procrastination, as I seem to have gone pro in the procrastination department.
I never used to be this way. When I saw something needed to be done, I just did it. No hemming and hawing. Just doing!
Now I’m lucky if anything gets done. I hate it, but have put off changing it.
I should be editing my novel *“The Key”, should have started doing that months ago! I haven’t even started yet. I should be writing the second part to my published story **“The House of Mystery”. Haven’t finished it yet.
I’m great at starting things. Just not real good at finishing them lately. I want to finish things. I want to finish my novel, my stories. But just can’t seem to get myself together enough to do it. It’s very frustrating, as I see these things but I don’t seem to be able to see a way of changing.
My mind is scattered to the four winds, my ambition is nil. I’m always coming up with arguments as to why I can’t do certain things. I tell myself, well this needs to be done first, then I need to do that and then I will have some free time. As I don’t even do that, how can I do this??
How the hell can I get off this treadmill to nowhere??! I don’t know right now, because I have to do something else first before I can finish that thought.
*The Key is my NaNoWriMo winner from last year. It’s going to be a great novel. Some day.
**The House of Mystery is my published story on Etherbooks.com. It’s a two parter. The first part has been published. The second part I’m still working on it. You can find my story here. Under ‘writers’ look for JLPhillips. You’ll find both my published stories there.
- Daily Prompt: Procrastination – It is Earlier When You Think (teepee12.com)
- Daily Prompt – Procrastination (kate0murray.wordpress.com)
- Procrastination Fairy (trinny911.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: The devil name, Procrastinate (memberoftheearthlingtribe.wordpress.com)
- Do It Later (honestpuck.wordpress.com)
- Why do today what can be put off till tomorrow? Maybe, I will write this blog tomorrow! (jennifermarshcurtis.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Procrastination (tophatsblog.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Procrastination (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- Daily Prompt: Procrastination (anintrovertmind.com)