Is it easy for you to ask for help when you need it, or do you prefer to rely only on yourself? Why?
I found out a long time ago it is easier to do things myself than ask for help.
I do ask for help if it’s something I know I can’t do or fix. Like plumbing, or building something. I mean for some things you just need to ask for help, but you are usually not only asking for help you are paying for help. So is this the same as just asking? I don’t think so.
I am what I like to call ‘vertically challenged’. Okay, I’m short! So very early on I had to learn how to do some things a bit different from most. I always have a step stool on hand. I have things in my cupboards on the lower shelves, those that I use a lot.
In grocery stores I will ask for help for things on the top shelf. I usually look around for the good-looking guys, but in a pinch I will ask anyone who is taller than me (which is just about everyone it seems).
So I’m not above asking for help if I need it. After all, we all need help now and again. We can’t be too proud to ask or we would do without a lot of the times. But with most things I will try to do it myself first. I can be very patient when I need to be. I can also fix just about anything I need to.
As the saying goes, ‘duct tape is a girls best friend’.
So I would say yeah I’m a rock, with a whole lot of pebbles around.
- Daily Prompt: I am a Rock (joknut.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: I Am A Rock (collegegirldai.com)
- I something non-rocky| Daily Prompt (lizardsonthelanai.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: I Am a Rock – Accepting Help then Giving Help! (doitchoco.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: I Am A Rock (heronthereeverywhere.us)
- Daily Prompt: I am a Rock (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- Daily Prompt: I Am a Rock (kacollins08.wordpress.com)
- daily prompt; i am a rock (istout0003.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt ~ It’s Rocky Here! (misifusa.wordpress.com)