Click over to your favorite blog, and pick out the 4th and 14th words (that aren’t “the” or “an”). Drop them into this phrase:
“_____ is the new _____.”
There’s your post title. Now write!
I thought today’s Daily Prompt was an interesting one. All I had to do was go to one of my favorite blogs, pick out the 4th and 14th word, plop them in the blanks and wham! I got my title for my blog today.
So off I went to tiny’s blog called “tiny lessons blog”. She writes poetry and everything she writes is beautiful and full of joy, wonder and hope. I love her blog and consider her a true friend. So go on over and enjoy her words, after you finish mine that is.
Distance is the new Rainbow
When I left home many years ago I was young. Yet I had been so old in other ways. I was a strange mix of naive and wise, trusting and leery.
I had never dated. Didn’t have boyfriends. Not a lot of friends. I still lived at home with a few years living with a girlfriend. Living with my friend ended in tragedy so I moved back home. I hated living at home. My mother and I rarely got along and my dad did what my mom wanted. Or played referee.
I worked and paid board and usually bought my own food. So it wasn’t as if I was living there free. I wouldn’t have if I could. I was proud that way.
Anyway, I was corresponding with a man who lived in Mississippi for a long time. Decided to go for a one day visit and see how we hit it off. Flew down there early one morning (I lived in Wisconsin at the time) and after a really pleasant visit flew home that same night.
We wrote and phoned each other every day after that. He convinced me to move down there. So I did. Yeah, I did say I was naive. I had innocently told him about my savings (I had quite a bit) and I even owned some good land in upper Wisconsin.
To make a long story short. I moved down there. Stayed six months. Found out he was a momma’s boy asshole of the first degree. He was a man who liked to swing cats by their tales and kick small dogs. That wasn’t a lie. I actually saw him do these things!
So after six months of total assholiness (don’t think that’s a word but it fits!), and after he called me a whore (I knocked him off his feet on that one) I called my mom and asked if I could come back home. She said no.
I called my brother in Texas. Told him what was going on and I wanted out. He told me to come to Texas and he would help me find a job and a place to live. At the time my brother and I were really close, so I took a bus trip to Ft. Worth, Texas that same week. Little did I know my life was never going to be the same.
What I thought of with the guy in Mississippi was not going to compare to the hell I would go through for the next few years. But at the time I was full of optimism and hope. My thoughts during the long 24 hour bus ride was this……….
Distance is the new Rainbow.
Good thing I never knew what was coming, or I would have laid down and had that Greyhound bus ride over me instead. But that’s another story.
- Place Your “Was” In “Solitary” | The Jittery Goat
- Blogging is the new lunch | Going New Places!
- Write One If You Can | Kansa Muse
- Time is the new capturing | Motherhood and Beyond
- ••Me is the new Seeking•• | ♏ℰt•ⓐRVhℰℰ•n✪iⓐ
- A is the New Mom | submissivelysecret
- Blank | The Nameless One
- HIGH is the new YOU | JC Bride ~
- Ugly is the new Beauty | મન ની વાત
- 203: Traffic is the New Hell | Barely Right of Center
- DAILY PROMPT: “SEE” IS THE NEW “TIME” OR “SEA” IS THE NEW “THYME” | SERENDIPITY
- Difficult is the new to understand | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Prompt: ______ is the new ______ | littlegirlstory
- Phoneography weekly: Interior floor and ceiling | We Live In A Flat
- Daily Prompt: _____ is the new _____ « Mama Bear Musings
- Still drawing blanks | Just Visiting This Planet
- Happier is the new Knight? Blank Blank BLEEP Blank. | RPMAS
- Blank Post… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Time is the New Jackass | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Just Leave Me a Clone! part one: Rob is the New Rob | Rob’s Surf Report
- Daily Prompt: Calm Is The New Scream | Awl and Scribe
- Daily Prompt: Grandmother is the new Kid. | My Atheist Blog