Hello people! So, I was sitting here this morning, reading different blogs and wondering what I was going to write about today. Then I saw the Daily Prompt today and its subject, which is Progress.
When you look back at your blog on January 2, 2015, what would you like to see?
I’ve been thinking about writing a post based pretty much on the same thing, so why not just combine it all and so here I am. What would I like to see on my blog on this date next year?
Well, I have all sorts of lofty goals in mind. So I thought I would just make a list. This list is a combination of where I want my blog to be and where I, as a writer and a person want to be this time next year. It will be interesting to read this next year on January 2 and see what I can check off as being accomplished.
1) I want to have 1000 followers on here. I have a long way to go, but I also have 12 months to do it in. Not so bad when you look at it that way. Right now I have a little less than 300, which is great! I enjoy every single one of you! But I’m greedy, I want more of you! More I say! Please?
2) I want to be able to announce that I have a book published! I am going to work hard on this one, so it comes to fruition. I have two works in progress right now. One is a fiction novel, one is a memoir. Also, I have another idea for a fiction novel floating in my head and I am thinking of making a book of either my flash fiction, or short stories. I have lots of ideas, now I just need the time and the moxie to pull it off.
3) I want to have more reader participation in my posts. I’m not sure how I can do this, but I’m thinking about things. I love comments, I love interacting with my readers. Now I just have to figure out how to go about this. I don’t write about controversial subjects. That’s just not who I am. Sure they get lots of comments and stirs things up, but I’m not sure that’s the way for me to go. I’ll leave that to the ones that do it so well, like Le Clown and a few others. If anyone has any ideas, I’m open to read them.
4) I want to be able to read and comment on more blogs. I’m not sure how I’ll have the time to do this, but I’m going to try. I follow so many great blogs, but it eats at my time to write. I think I just need to manage my time better. I’ll work on that. Also, there are plenty of great blogs out there I have not discovered yet! I want to find and follow at least one new blog a day.
5) I want to join more writing groups. I am a loner at heart and writing for me is best when done in a quiet and solitude existence. But I need feedback on what I write and to do that I need people. Or at least their eyes and minds. Oh, fingers help too so they can type.
6) I need to clean up my blog I’m thinking. Maybe a new theme, new ‘about me’ section. I’ve grown as a blogger this past year and I’m not sure my blog reflects that. I’m just not sure where to start. I suppose one step at a time. I know I need to organize it better so readers can find different things faster. I may need some helpful advice on this.
7) I also have some more personal goals I want to accomplish this year. Get healthy, lose weight, get my blood sugars more stable. Minor things like that. If I keep myself busy and plan my time right, everything will fall into place I think.
I think I’ll leave it at 7 things. I like the number 7, it’s lucky for me. Now to get things rolling in the right direction. On that note I better get my butt moving. See you next time!
- Daily Prompt: Progress | Basically Beyond Basic
- 500 Words | A Teacher’s Blog
- The Lord Never Procrastinates | The Jittery Goat
- A Bit of Political Rap | As I please
- Progress | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Daily Prompt: Progress | Insanitree
- Progress – A Daily Prompt Post | My Little Avalon
- Making Progress – My first chapbook | Feel & Rebuild Your Self Confidence
- Progress | Geek Ergo Sum
- COMPROMISE ANYTHING BUT TRUTH | crookedeyebrows
- Making Progress – My first chapbook | Now Have At It!
- My Entry. | Hope* the happy hugger
- Blogging progress or blogging process. | Artifacts and Fictions
- Trust | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Progress | My Endless Rants & Ramblings
- Daily Prompt: Progress | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Jab and Cross followed by Cross and Stitch
- Losing the plot | writemybrainsout
- What I want to see here this time next year | The Secret World of Pixie Knucklecracker
- Progress? | Climb Every Molehill
- Onward! | Active Army Wife
- Matthew, Continued | Not a Punk Rocker