Today’s Daily Prompt:
Tell us about a time when everything actually turned out exactly as you’d hoped.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us PERFECT.
This one was an easy one for me today.
You know what turned out exactly as I hoped? Blogging.
When I first started blogging about a year and half ago, I didn’t know what I was doing, but I knew I wanted to do it. I never read many blogs, just a few from a couple of friends. I liked how they made their blogs an extension of themselves. I wanted to do that.
I knew I wanted to write, but the funny thing was my first blog was a food blog. Food I knew. I love to cook, I love to learn about new food, I love to try new recipes. So, instead of doing what I really wanted to do (write stories) I started the food blog and was quite pleased with the response.
You see, I was terrified to put my stories out there for public consumption. I didn’t think I was good enough. I liked my stories, well of course I did! But would others? Strangers reading my words and enjoying them? I didn’t think that was possible.
Six months later I decided to do what I should have done in the first place. Start a blog with my writing in mind. That’s how this blog was born. And I’m loving it.
I’ve ‘met’ so many other great bloggers. People who love to write as much as I do. I’ve learned how to tread this blogging world and now I hike all over it! I’ve grown as a writer with some great advice and challenges.
I found out about NaNoWriMo and Haiku’s and flash fiction and fell in love with writing all over again. So yes! Everything turned out even better than I had hoped.
Thank you all for reading my blog, liking my posts, enjoying my stories, helping me to grow as a writer and fall in love with words more than ever. Words, mine and yours are beautiful things.
- A Perfect Day | Flowers and Breezes
- Answered Prayers | Active Army Wife
- Quest for the Perfect Story | theauthorwhoknows
- The Perfect Moment | My Little Avalon
- Day 8: What I see 🙂 | gypsy thoughts ..
- If you look for Perfection, you’ll never be Content | An Upturned Soul
- Better Than Perfect | Mishe en Place
- All It’s Cracked Up To Be | Just Visiting This Planet
- Just one shade of gray | Stories from aside
- Facets | johnny ojanpera
- Daily Prompt : All It’s Cracked Up to Be | Nicole Sloan’s Writing
- Daily Prompt: All It’s Cracked Up To Be | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: All It’s Cracked Up to Be | Awl and Scribe
- Pantomime Dame’s Weakest Link?! | alienorajt
- 252. Picture Perfect | Barely Right of Center
- Chat Time, Chatime | Le Journal D’Une Cheval Noire
- The Best Life: The Medical Edition | The Best Life
- Daily Prompt: Perfect | Different Isn’t Wrong, It’s Just Different
- Capitol Hill, Denver/Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Daily Prompt: Being Hopeful! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- Mother’s Art | Retrofocus
- All It’s Cracked Up to Be At The Feast | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- The Perfect Afternoon Nap | My Outlook on the World
- Five Year Anniversary of a Public Hearing Should Generate More Activism in Pennsylvania
- I get on Oprah | Emotional Fitness
- Perfect | AshleyDarling4