Think about what you wanted to accomplish last week. Did you? What are the things that hold you back from doing everything you’d like to do?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us BARRIERS.
Today’s daily prompt has hit home for me today. I was thinking to myself late last night that I didn’t get half of what I wanted to get done this past week or so.
As for the why, well, there are several contributing factors. The biggest being myself. I have felt restless, edgy and distracted for a few weeks now. I have no idea why. Maybe it’s being housebound for weeks on end. Maybe it’s the weather and it’s most definitely been the awful wind.
I have had a lot on my mind and haven’t been able to find resolutions to some of my problems. I hate that. I’m a thinking person. My mind is always running full speed ahead! The only time it slows down is when I’m sleeping. Lately, though even sleeping has been difficult. Filled with vivid dreams and confusing dialogs.
I try to pay attention to my dreams, as they usually help me find solutions to problems or answers to questions. I’ve trained myself through the years to remember most of my dreams. If you can interpret your dreams, a lot of life’s problems can be solved if you keep your heart and mind open to them.
My dreams have mostly been a reflection of my restlessness it seems. They don’t make any sense no matter how I look at them. I’ve dreamed several times of my late father, which usually comforts me, but these dreams haven’t. They are tiring and confusing and make no sense.
For now I’ll try not to worry about the dreams.
My health was not the best the last few months. I don’t usually talk about my health problems as I want my blog to be uplifting, happy and full of wonderful stories, whether fiction or not. Life has a way of stepping on my toes on this one.
As many of you know, I’m a diabetic. Lately I’ve been having problems keeping my blood sugar stable. Stress is a major factor in that one. Less stress equals lower blood sugars. I don’t see the end of my stress in the near future. It is what it is. Having higher sugars than normal means, for me, more joint pain, more fuzzy eyesight, more fitful sleep and just feeling like my mind is full of cotton. So once again, I try to adjust my eating habits to help lower the sugars. Constant battle. I hate it.
Every joint in my body hurts, all the time. That sucks. I’m not a complainer. I go through my pain and suffer silently. I just withdraw more into myself and just don’t feel like talking. That’s just me. I’m a loner anyway, but these past weeks, even I don’t like my company.
So what are the things that hold me back from accomplishing everything I want to? Diabetes, lack of good sleep, pain, stress and wanting to just get away for a while. It’s been hell lately, but it’s something that I will work through. I’m stubborn that way.
On the good news front, I have started another novel. Some know that I have been working on “The Key” for a year now. I’m more than half way done with it. I need to give it a rest for a bit as I seem to be stuck. My other novel is a memoir. I’ve made the decision to put that on the back burner for now. At least while my mother is alive. It’s a scorcher and some of it I don’t want my mother to know about as it would just give her pain. No sense in doing that.
My new WIP (work in progress) is one I’ve had in my head for over a year. It’s part mystery, part revenge, with a bit of romance thrown in for good measure. I haven’t come up with a title yet. I’ll have to write a bit more than it will come to me. I’m excited to finally start getting it down in writing. So I suppose my time hasn’t been a complete waste.
I just wish I could get more done than I have. I’m not whining. Well, not much. I just have to figure out what my dad is trying to tell me in my dreams.
- Why women put up barriers to sex! ADULT CONTENT -Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | The Wandering Poet
- DP Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | Under the Monkey Tree
- Obstacles | Sue’s Trifles
- blossoming individual | peacefulblessedstar
- Getting Things Done « One Crazy Mom
- Adventures in baby cereal | Life Love Lily
- So much to do | Angel Frouk
- Getting Out of My Way | The Silver Leaf Journal
- A Day With Chef Rene | The Jittery Goat
- caught | yi–ching lin photography
- there are | y
- Obstacles to Peace and/or Prosperity/Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Purpose | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course (to UK) | Memory Bank of the Nocturnal
- An obstacle for everyone | LauGraEva
- The “Motif” Obstacle Course! | Home’s Cool!
- Daily Prompt: Obstacles « My journey to qualify for the Boston Marathon…and everything in between…
- The Silent Treatment. | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | Awl and Scribe
- of nothingness « Anawnimiss
- Why Did I Tackle This Obstacle Course? | Sued51’s Blog
- Time and Time Again . . . But, There Never Seems to be Enough | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Obstacle Course | sixty, single and surviving
Do you believe in dreams and that they can help you? What new projects if any have you got planned for the coming year? Let me know!