This week’s Weekly Writing Challenge on WordPress is from none other than our own esteemed Rara!
“This week, we’re asking you to consider things from a different point of view — to walk a mile in someone’s shoes. Leave your moccasins and bunny slippers at the door, and tell us a tale from a fully-immersed perspective that is not your own.”
Now, according to Rara, this perspective can be fiction or non-fiction. So for my story I am going fiction. Well, sort of fiction. I’m going to do a story with three different viewpoints as seen by my dog Sam and my two cats Pouncer and Notwen. All three have very distinct personalities which I am going to try to capture in words.
I have often thought these 3 have conversations when I’m not around. They probably talk about me all the time, the brats. I’m going to attempt to do this in flash fiction form.
Sam: Oh boy! Oh boy! Look, look, look! They have my favorite show on TV. There are other pups on TV! Hey guys, come look! I wonder why they won’t talk to me? Maybe I should bark louder and then they’ll see I’m here and they’ll talk to me! Ruff!!! Ruff!!! Ruff!!! I wonder how those pups get in this funny box thingy?! I want to get in there too! Maybe from the back side? I’ll go look. Nope, can’t get in that way! Hey over here pups!! I’m here and I want to play with you! These stinkin’, lazy cats I live with don’t want to play with me!
Notwen: There he goes again with the TV. Stupid dog is always interrupting my nap. Why does he have to be so noisy? Can’t he see that I need my sleep? How is a fine-looking cat like me suppose to prowl the house at night if I don’t get my cat naps? Sam! Shut up!! Those animals in that darn TV can’t hear you, stupid dog! Why did my human have to get that dog in the first place? She should know cats are better! Maybe since I’m awake anyway, thanks Sam you mangy dog, I’ll go head butt my human and see if she’ll feed me early. She might as well do something much more important than playing with that stupid dog.
Pouncer: I just don’t know why I have to live with two such animals as these two. I should have been an only cat. Really! Sam! The TV animals don’t hear you, so be quiet or I will have to take a swipe at you! I am NOT amused by your rambuctionness. Brother Notwen! Please stop complaining for a change! Oh, and if you will, please pull some food down out of the self feeder for me. I hate getting food crumbs on my paws. I simply am not made to dig my paws in my food! I simply don’t know what my human was thinking! She just wasn’t I’m sure. Sometimes I wonder if I am the only one in this household with brains. This is just unacceptable! I shall talk to her sternly. Later though, as I must have my nap.
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Make It Stop |
- Getty up time | British Chick Across The Pond
- Splashform | Stealing All the Sevens
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Leave Your Shoes at the Door | life n me!
- The prisoner | Life is great
- The Embrace | Not a Punk Rocker
- Ecuador Volcano Adventure Meets Mafia Memory (I Kid you NOT) | reinventing the event horizon
- Sharing This Moment (Weekly Writing Challenge: Take Your Shoes Off…) | jennsmidlifecrisis
- Some day, one day | Fonts and Frosting
- Weekly challenge: Imagining anorexia | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Creature Comforts | Leena Says
- Another Day | Sarah’s Typos
- That One Night | No Blog Intended
- A bit of fiction…. | 101 Challenges in 1001 Days
- Gardens Past, Garden Future | Nightingale Acres
- Weekly Writing Challenge: A pair of lunatics [her perspective my words] | Life of A Fallen Angel
- Dreams and Hope | My Diary
- There’s a Snake in My Couch! True Story | mariestephensgardening
- The Hanger | Jorgeisms
- A Week in the Death of Ragnhild | Pedersen’s Last Dream
- Unrequited | D Lonely Stoner
- Thoughts of a Little Lamb | Life’s Unfiltered Ramblings
- Sole Mates. |
- Another Dumb/Happy Day | HAPnHAP