For this challenge, snap a selfie with your camera phone or camera. Feel free to get creative and clever, and if you don’t want to share a photo of yourself, think of a way to approach this challenge in a different way. This is the new Weekly Photo Challenge from WordPress. Do a selfie.
As the only selfie I have done is the photo on my avatar, I decided to be a little bit more creative with mine. I did mine in comic form. That’s a selfie, right? I have done comics before for my series “Sam and Me” so I thought, that would make a different kind of selfie. Here it is!
It’s been really cold here, like -30C (-15F) and taking Sam out for his potty breaks is a challenge. Poor little guy, sometimes he is just as frozen as the snow. Here are mine and Sam’s selfie.
**Please click on pic to enlarge**
- Selfie (Weekly Photo Challenge) | Icezine
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | nancy merrill photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Flickr Comments
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Hamburg und Mee(h)r
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | This, that and the other thing
- Mara Eastern
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | roastbeefandrakija
- Selfie | de Wets Wild
- Churchiness Insults My Intelligence | Bumblepuppies
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Hope* the happy hugger
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie: The Devil Made Me Do It. | Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Mara Eastern
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | A mom’s blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Lost in Translation
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Create A Beautiful Life
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | 2812 photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge ‘selfie’|myselfie | Rainbow Photography – Scotland-
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Selfie | Chittle Chattle
- WPC : Selfie | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Me, myself and I | V A S T L Y C U R I O U S
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Pa-BLAM!
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Selfie | Just Snaps
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | growinolder
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Under the Monkey Tree
- Heaven on Earth « Beach Treasures and Treasure Beaches
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Musings of a Soul Eclectic
- Selfie | thoughtsofrkh
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Rooktopia
- weekly photo challenge – selfie | myguiltypleasures
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Giulia Bernini photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | MixerUpper.com
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Cee’s Photography
40 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie”
great comic, Jackie, love your take on the challenge 🙂
Thanks kz! 🙂
Jackie … brilliant … yes, can’t be easy to be a dog neither when it’s really cold outside. I wish you a warm weekend indoors … and thanks for the plingback.
Thank you Viveka. Hope your weekend is a great one.
Such variety with the selfies! Very cool one here
(Brrrr – where is the sun???? Anyone?)
Thanks! the sun is here, but it’s still cold! Ahhhh!
Love it 🙂
thank you 🙂
Oh cute, Jackie!
Too funny 🙂
Thank you! 🙂
Jackie, great job! I didn’t know you did this sort of thing. I’m impressed!
Thanks janet! I can’t take all the credit as it’s a program I use. 🙂
Does the program draw the cartoons?
Pretty much. I am a artist, as I paint, but I never could draw very well. Such is life. They still turn out cute though as you have to put it all together from scratch.
Great idea. My son doesn’t like for me to put my photos on my blog either because he worries about identity theft. I’m too old to worry anymore. Seeing you and Sam in the cartoon snow makes me wish that’s what we had here. It’s snowing AGAIN for the third day. Most snow Portland has had in 20 years. The kids love it though. The neighborhood dogs will play in it for a bit, then they’ve had enough too.
It snowed here a bit this morning, just enough to make everything newly white again. I just don’t like taking my own pictures, hmmm actually I don’t like anyone taking my picture! haha! Have a great day Marlene!
Cute take on the challenge, Jackie. And perfect selfie! Poor Sam. I understand his plight. Our Pete is having a fit from falling through so much crunchy snow. I finally dug a round space clear down to the dirt so he had a space to sniff and do his business. I’m so glad we don’t have to sniff the ground first. 😉
Hahaha! We could sniff first I suppose, but I would not recommend it. 😉
This winter I am glad not to have pets that need to go outside regularly. Poor Sam, Poor you for having to go out when he does.
Sam is a bit spoiled. I have a fenced in yard but he refused to go unless he can see me. haha!
That is spoiled. 🙂 In the warmer weather I’m sure it’s good for you to get out and away from the computer with Sam, but in this cold….I’d stand at the door where he could see me. 🙂
Oh I do! Most times anyway. haha! When I hear the coyotes behind my place is when I go out with him, because all though we do have a fence, I don’t trust them. Not with my Sam, he would make a tasty tidbit. 🙂
That’s an entirely different matter. I too would go out if I heard the coyotes!
It’s a 6 ft fence, but I don’t want to take chances. As Sam likes to ‘talk’ to them the little stinker.
6 feet wouldn’t be enough to make me feel a small dog was safe, especially one that likes to talk to them. What a character your little Sam is.
Comments are closed.