Hope your weekend is going great! Mine so far has been absolutely fantastic. Even with the snow and the -14c (7 F) weather. Spring right? Ha-ha! At least the sun is shining.
I have joined the great bloggers who post Ten Things of Thankful over at Considerings. It seems to be a Saturday event. Go on over and look around and maybe join. Lizzi is a very nice woman who writes so well. You will enjoy her blog even if you don’t join the Ten things of Thankful.
I also have a love affair with lists…..so it’s perfect for me! So let’s see what I’ve been thankful for this week.
1. Chances – Sounds strange right? Let me explain. I’m thankful for having more chances to live, to love, to be happy. Every day that I wake up in the morning is another day of chances. I am going to grab mine with both hands. Every. Single. Day. I have had some chances come my way this week that is frightening and exciting all at the same time. And you know what? I’m going for it!
2. Best Friends – I am so grateful for best friends. People who love me for me. For laughing with me and actually understanding my humor. For talking to me, for liking me. I love my best friend.
3. Coffee – Oh my, coffee is to me like a brown elixir of heaven. Really. It smells divine and tastes even better. It gets me going in the morning and winds me down at night. If anyone ever makes a perfume that smells like the finest coffee, I will buy it, wear it and fall in love with myself. Ha-ha!
4. Words – I’m so grateful for words. They can relate so much on how one feels. Either happy, sad, or worse. They can tell someone how you feel about them, they can lift a person up. They can save lives. Words are so powerful. They can make you powerful and strong and brave. Words can make you breathe in and say, “wow”. They make you feel. That has got to be one of the best things in the world, to feel. This week I have read and heard some pretty amazing things in words. Things that have me smiling all week.
5. Clean water – Here where I live, we had a time very recently where we had to boil all our water and conserve it at the same time. Our water treatment facility couldn’t keep up with the job of keeping our water clean. We had higher than usual runoff from the winter snow and it ran into our rivers where the water comes from. And our facility couldn’t keep up with keeping it clean, so there was bacteria in it. You really don’t appreciate clean water till you don’t have it anymore. No showers daily either. No washing clothes for a few days. Ugh. I was so happy when it was lifted and we could go back to normal.
6. Sunshine – It’s spring! Yeah, well, it’s supposed to be anyway. Here we had snow on the first day of spring and the day after. But today the sun is shining bright with the promise of warmer weather to come. We shall see. As it’s pretty cold yet. So I am just grateful for today’s sunshine.
7. Technology – I love technology. It’s so much easier to keep in touch with friends and loved ones. Even if they are thousands of miles away. Send an email, have a chat, send a message, and it is delivered instantly! I love it. And this week was extra special because of it…….
8. WordPress – Yes, I know, I hear you say, “that’s just strange girl!” It isn’t really. I am grateful for WordPress this week as I have ‘met’ some pretty awesome people on here this week and in the past. It’s a place where I can release my words, say things I want, no, need to say. It’s a place where good friends are made. I have some read some pretty wonderful things from other bloggers this week, so I’m grateful to have a place to go to that has that kind of great reading.
9. Books – I am always grateful for books. I love books. But this week I am grateful for friends who write books. Like my great friends Maddy Cochere and Helen Kuusela. They even let me interview them. Such trusting good friends that they are. You should go see what they are up to.
10. YOU! – Yeah, you! I’m grateful to all the readers who are nice enough to take some time out of their lives to read my blog and like or comment on all my stuff. Without you, this place would be pretty boring and sad. So yes, I’m grateful to each and every one of you.