Good day people!
So today is day 4 for me with NaPoWriMo. Today’s topic is also the WordPress Daily Prompt, which worked out quite well for me. Another day of 2 challenges in one. The topic is Jealousy, that green-eyed monster.
I think we’ve all been jealous of something or someone at least once in our life. It’s one of those not so nice feelings. The key I think is to keep jealousy at a minimum. Ok, fine, let it sweep through you if you must, over that beautiful new car, home, dress, whatever someone else has and you covet.
Then let it keep going right out of you. Don’t hold it inside, don’t let it grow until you can’t see what you are. A beautiful person.
Be content with what you have and who you are. If you want something else, then work hard for it, because you’ll enjoy whatever you get that much more.
Be joyous, be content, and light and love will always be yours.
It sits upon a chair, this green-eyed monster
so please beware!
It whispers things in your ear, like a siren
its call, you must ignore.
As you gaze into the mirror, it’s not you that glances back
it’s someone else, not real I fear.
You work, you play, you live, yet satisfaction is beyond your grasp
this presence is never far and makes you feel always last.
Sad, depressed and down, you’re never happy as
in jealousy your feelings drown.
Its ugly head rears, eyes flashing, hate spewing
with utter nonsense this monster feeds your fears.
You refuse to appreciate all you have,
gifts that nature and hard work does grant.
Wanting more, much more, needing it less
the green-eyed monster demands its pound of flesh.
Broken and bitter is what you’ll be
if you don’t banish this beast from thee.
- The Match (Part 4) Rusty’s Destination | The Jittery Goat
- Self-Defeating Beliefs
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | The WordPress C(h)ronicle
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | Bob’s Blog-O-Rama
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | MedinaQue
- DP Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Green Eyed Lady | Purplesus’ Blog
- Dirty Envy | In the Present
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Green-Eyed Lady | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Green-eyed Lady | imagination
- Green-Eyed Lady | God Through My Eyes
- Evil Queens & coffee beans
- Daily Prompt: Jealousy | A Day In The Life
- Reciprocal | The River Mom
- of wickedness | Anawnimiss
- Wake Up O’ Sleeping Stone | The Write Web
- Daily prompt: Green-eyed monster | Go, See, Live
- I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Aces « Averil Dean
- NaPoWriMo Day 4: “Smitten” | arakawa fiction
- Bass Speaker | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Daily Prompt: Green-Eyed Lady | A Note From Jenn
- Jealousy: Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BLOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Leave Me Free | Flowers and Breezes
- From Time To Time | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- How do they do it? | A mom’s blog
- Daily Prompt: Green Eyed Lady | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss