Several blogs have some kind of thankful Thursday posts going on. Like over here at Bipolar Calico. My friend Kat has been going through some pretty rough patches in life lately and yet she still manages to find something to be thankful for. I think that’s wonderful and shows just what a good person she truly is.
I decided to jump onboard. Even though things here have been unreasonably stressful I still have things I’m thankful for. It’s good to find those things. Even if they are small, as it reminds us that though the skies are grey and there are so many terrible things happening in the world we all still have things to be thankful for.
Find your thankfuls in life and cling to them…..That’s what I’m doing.
I’m thankful for:
- Thoughtful doctors who really seem to care about their patients
- Good friends, even though they are far away they send me strength and love and I truly appreciate it
- My dog Sam, he loves me unconditionally, even if I don’t have treats for him
- My mom, someone I never thought I would be close to and now I am, she’s a strong woman who inspires me to be strong
- Coffee……more coffee…..a life saver
- My computer and the ability to have it…..it keeps me sane in an insane world
- Sunshine, it warms these old bones on the coldest of days
- My stubbornness, it keeps me moving when I don’t want to, it keeps me up when I want to just curl up in a fetal position and cry
- Words, they let me express what I’m feeling and get it out
- Little heaters, whoever invented these small portable heaters I give thanks because my bedroom is a freezer without one
- Books, as they let me escape into different worlds and become someone else for a while
That’s just some of what I’m thankful for. There is one more thing….YOU….yes, I’m thankful for you reading my blog and being here.
What’s one thing you are thankful for today?