Because so many bloggers do a thankful Thursday post, which I thoroughly enjoy reading, I thought I would do one of my own. I’m calling it ‘My Incomplete List of Small Pleasures’.
I saw this title somewhere one day and wrote it down and I really like the Lemony Snicket type feel to it. Another reason why I like the title is my small pleasures change all the time. It changes daily, hourly, even minutely. One hour I could be having a shit day and the next something small gives me a smile and makes the day better instantly. I love those instances.
It’s also true that when you start listing things that make you happy or gives you pleasure you just can’t help but appreciate them more. One also starts to feel better. I may even make this a weekly series here. What do you think?
So for today, here is my incomplete list of small pleasures. Please feel free to steal this idea and post your own list! Just let me know so I can read it!
- My dog Sam who makes me smile every day. He’s a character.
- coffee, the smell, the taste, especially first thing in the morning.
- writing, putting words together to make a story come alive.
- friends, they make me smile all the time as they are such giving, wonderful people (you know who you are!)
- Sunshine, makes these old bones feel good and never fails to make me feel cheery
- clouds, they make my imagination soar
- coke zero…..ahhhhhh
- colors, whether they be on clothes, pencils, crayons, anything really. Bright, bold colors
- listening to rain on a quiet afternoon
- books…………any and all, they take me out of my world into another and I couldn’t be happier
- computers, they make a very big world smaller
- this blog, I have enjoyed writing on this blog ever so much,
That’s just a few things, I’m sure I could come up with more.
What are a few things that would be on your list?
Also, a reminder that my book ‘A Case of Deceit’ will be on sale starting tomorrow for FREE! So grab a copy this weekend and please leave a review after you read it. Thank you!