If you had to have your vision corrected would you rather: glasses or contacts? Or what do you use if you need to have your vision corrected?
I wear glasses. Have since I was sixteen. I did wear contacts for a few years in my late 20’s. Never had a problem with them. Stopped wearing them when I started doing a lot of wood work. Sawing and sanding are not a good mix with contacts. I don’t work with wood much anymore but I just kept with the glasses because it was easier. Plus, I love transition lenses. (That’s the lenses where they turn darker in sunlight) My eyes are a bit sensitive to sunlight so these kinds of lenses help a lot.
Are you more of a dog person or a cat person?
I’m an old animal lover. Doesn’t make any difference what kind, I love them all. I must admit that dogs have a slight edge ahead but all in all, I love all animals.
If you were to buy a new house/apartment what is the top three items on your wish list?
The first thing is…no stairs. Must be one level. The husband can’t do steps anymore and I must admit I have a hard time myself sometimes. Then…two bathrooms! I don’t like sharing a bathroom with anyone. I’m selfish that way. The third…a fenced in back yard for my animals.
My dream house also has a home library/studio where I can have peace and quiet to write or whatever. A large kitchen with lots of cupboards and counter space. I have yet to have a kitchen like that. I have always had small dinky ones with no counter space.
What inspired you this past week? Feel free to use a quote, a photo, a story, or even a combination.
Friends. I have strong, resourceful, wonderful, loving friends. They are always a source of inspiration when I need it the most.
Ah, it’s good to be back! It seems I took an unplanned mini-vacation from blogging. It’s been a couple of weeks since my last post. Seems a lot longer. Now I’m back in the saddle again. Did you miss me? No? Ah well, I missed you!
The reason for the time away from blogging was nothing serious. I was just super busy and a bit lazy. Seemed like the husband and I had something to do almost every day. The days we didn’t have appointments I spent doing nothing. Well, that’s not entirely true either. I read books, I cleaned house and I watched endless videos on YouTube. Yeah, being super lazy. No writing, not being creative, no brain cells spent.
The husband is done with chemo treatments. He is doing better. He had another colonoscopy Friday to make sure no more tumors have grown and to check on his colon operation. The only problem the doctor found was where they had patched his colon together after removing the tumor. They had to dilate that area as it had collapsed. Otherwise, he was healthy. Yay! It’s been a long year of operations and chemo treatments for him.
A person doesn’t realize how much pressure they are under until some of it is gone. I was so tired lately. Now, I’m doing better and ready to blog again. Maybe even work on my books! Look out world here I come…..again.
Some of my online friends were worried about me and I thank them for that. You know who you are. You guys are the best. You emailed me and asked how I was doing. That helps more than you know.
Last year was a pretty rough year. Between the husband’s cancer and chemo treatments to my mother dying. Yeah, rough. It’s getting better now. Good things are happening with more good things on the horizon. I just needed to catch my breath for a bit.
I will try my best to get back into my blogging schedule. Hope to see you around!
We’ve all seen bucket lists or made our own bucket lists. You know the kind…things we want to do before we die or before we turn 30, 40, 50, etc. I’ve decided to do a different kind of bucket list. Things I will never do while I live or things I will never do again. I try to learn by my mistakes and sometimes doing something once is enough for me.
I always did like being a bit different. So here’s my list…
Never get married….again. Twice is two times too many. I’m getting too damn old to break in another man.
I will never give up coffee. I know plenty people my age that either had to give up coffee or went to caffeine free. Which is giving up coffee, I mean what’s the point of drinking coffee if not for the caffeine? I will likely die with a hot cup of coffee gripped in my cold dead hand.
I will not live with hatred or prejudice in my heart or my home. Period. That is not a way to live. We are all human and we are all brothers and sisters. No matter the color of our skin, the way we love someone, or our beliefs. I won’t force my thoughts on you, you just do the same and we can all live together in peace. Come on people, if we don’t have each other’s back who will? We together are all WE got. So let’s do it in love.
I won’t let go of my dreams. We all have dreams, things we want to accomplish, things we want to create. Once we give those up, we lose ourselves to darkness. No matter how tired I am or how much I hurt, I refuse to give up my dreams.
With number 4 comes this one…I won’t ever stop writing. It’s in my soul, my heart and my very being to write. I’m not saying I will always write good things but I will always write. I could live to be one hundred and I will still write. Of course by then we should be able to write without actually using our hands, technology is awesome. Plus, I need my hands for my coffee. 😉
I will never be ungrateful for the help I receive from family and friends. I will always appreciate my friends for being who they are.
I will never be rich. Well, unless I win the lottery, which I don’t see happening. And that’s ok. Being rich would bring a whole new set of problems, not to mention, a whole bunch of relatives I didn’t know I had. ha! I might never be rich but I make do with what I have and am just grateful for a roof over my head. There have been a few times in my life when that was pretty doubtful so I’ve come to appreciate where I live, no matter how humble it is.
I won’t give up learning. No matter how old I become I love learning new things, especially new technology things. I’m a nerd.
I will never stop cussing. An old fashion word for swearing, using curse words, saying things like hell, dammit, shit and f*** (although I rarely use that one). I’m a lady, but a lady with a mouth on her and who isn’t afraid to use it. It’s a part of me.
I won’t jump out of an airplane. Uh, uh, not this girl. No way.
I won’t ever give up my optimism. Been on the other side before, the dark side. Won’t go there again. They lie you know…..they don’t have cookies!
And for the even dozen….I won’t give up on my friends. They are friends for a reason. I love my friends. You might get depressed, you might hurt, you might even do yourself an injury but I will never give up on you! I will be there with my hand held out to help pull you out of the hole you are in. I will try my best to make you smile and bring a little light and love into your life when you need it. I. Will. Never. Give. You. Up!
There you have it. Probably a bit cheesy on my end but it’s how I feel today.
What about you? What’s one thing you will never do?
As my post title says…I am so glad 2015 is over with and gone. Whew, that was a damn hard year. Not to be repeated, please. A good friend of mine did a post yesterday, not about resolutions, but about leaving things behind in the new year. As I don’t do resolutions either, I thought it was such a good idea that I stole it. Yes, I did. I’m not sorry either.
She’ll forgive me I’m sure.
So I’m going to make a list of things I’m going to leave behind in 2015. Good riddance and hello 2016!
Bad health. Mine and the husbands. Mostly his, I hope. Yes, I want to leave behind the bad health issues we faced in 2015. We have a good chance of doing this. First, I need to get my butt in gear and exercise. I already eat decently. I’m a diabetic, I have to. My problem is I sit too much. When I’m not doing housework, dishes, running to the store, giving the husband his pills, making stuff to eat. Yeah, other than all that I sit in my comfy, old office chair in front of my computer and type, or read. I need to get up and move more.
2. I need to leave behind procrastination. I’m an expert at it. Getting better every day. I really need to stop that and just get stuff done. There is so much I want to do. Like, write more books. A big highlight last year was publishing my two books. (You can buy them from Amazon, just click on the books on my sidebar!) I have been working on a third book in the series but it’s been slow going. I also have an idea about another book, something different I want to try. I’m hoping to do that too this new year.
3. Financial issues. Yeah, like that is going to happen. I’m nothing if not optimistic. Last year really sucked as far as the finances were concerned. I need to work on a better budget and work on generating more income for us. This is always a worry. I want to worry less and produce more. Just not too sure how I’m going to do that.
4. I want to leave behind my insecurities about my writing. I received a wonderful email from someone a few days ago. They had just finished reading The Canine Caper and loved it. They told me they hoped I kept on writing. That was a wonderful email to receive from someone I didn’t know. Obviously, some people enjoy my writing, so I need to quit doubting myself and just write!
5. Thinking my siblings are going to change their attitude toward me. Yeah, I really need to give that up as they aren’t going to change. It’s been too many years of me wishing things were different and things staying the same, or getting worse. I have no idea why I’m considered the black sheep of the family, but hey, I’ll take it. I always did like being different. I have my friends. Even if some are faraway, they are more like family than my family. Just goes to show, blood does not always make a difference.
6. I need to leave behind any heartache. Yes, I’ve had my fair share of heartache the past year. Not going into details, but lets just say family is not the only reason I hurt inside sometimes. I get foolish dreams once in a while. Expectations that can’t be met….of myself and others. Through no fault of theirs. I let my guard down and then expect things to happen that don’t and wham! Hurt feelings. I’m letting that go.
7. Adulting. Yes, you read that right! I’m leaving adulting behind. Frick it. I hate being an adult sometimes. Just kidding! Well, maybe I won’t leave it ALL behind. Just some of it. I need to have more fun. Really, I do. I’m way too serious most times. I need some fun and frolicking in my life. Anyone want to frolic with me?
I’m leaving it at seven. I like the number seven. You know what I won’t be leaving behind? YOU!
Yes, I promise not to leave you behind. So come join me this year. Let’s have some fun! Let’s party! Let’s be friends……You guys are great and thank you for sticking with me this past year. Thank you for helping me when it was so very difficult for me to ask for help. Thank you for being readers, commentors, big-hearted people and most of all, thank you for being who you are.
There were some of you that truly were friends. You let me whine to you, cry on your shoulder, share my worries, help me buy a mattress so I could get some much-needed sleep, bought my books and helped me make those same books a reality. I love you guys. Now let’s get going on 2016!!
Yes, it’s really me. I decided to have you all over for coffee/tea/pop/soda/water/whatever you want to drink on a Monday instead of the weekend. I’m just a rebel that way. 😉
Hope everyone’s weekend was a good one. Mine was a mix of lazy and busy. Come to think of it, that could sum up my whole month! Let me tell you a bit of what has been going on in my world lately. Then we’ll get to the book cover reveal! (Unless you scrolled down and peeked already?)
First, what’s with the crazy weather? It’s been so weird in my corner of Alberta, Canada. One day we are hot (36C/97F) to cold and snow! I kid you not. A couple of days ago it snowed just a bit north of me. In August! Where I live it was rainy, windy and cold! It got down to 3c/37F! My poor tomato plants were not happy. Neither was Sam, as he hates cold rain. Today it’s back up to warm, but we have the smoke from Washington state fires drifting over and so it’s hazy and smoky. It does crazy things with my allergies.
I’ve been busy doing edits on ‘A Case of Deceit’. I’m close to needing beta readers, so look for a call out soon. Unless you want to volunteer now? I’m done with ‘The Canine Caper’ and just waiting for a bit to upload it to Kindle. I want to be able to offer you the opportunity to pre-order the Deceit story at the same time. I’ve been doing this dance between both stories, Amazon and CreateSpace to get it all in order. Whew! I never realized how much work there was in the back-end of putting a book together!
I’ve been lucky in that I have had a ton of help from a couple of great friends. They both advise me on how to do things and give great feedback when I either vent or have a question. They have been both so patient with me. Let me tell you, having friends that are already published and more than willing to give you a hand is priceless. So I want to take this moment to thank them both…Maddie Cochere...without her input my edits would have been much harder to do. She also has given me great advice on so many things on the book and publishing. I love her to pieces. Thank you, Maddie! You’ll be hearing from me again soon I’m sure.
The second person that has helped me tremendously is Aulikki, most know her as tiny from Tiny Lessons Blog. She has helped with beta reading the Caper story, edits, and my new book covers! She is the designer of both book covers…The Canine Caper and A Case of Deceit. Without her help, I would not be able to publish either story. She has been a so supportive in so many ways. A true friend. Thank you, tiny! You are my hero! She did all this for me even though she is one busy woman. I’m always able to email her to ask dumb questions. With the book covers, she took my visions of what I wanted and made them a reality. I think she did an awesome job on them!
I can’t thank tiny enough for all she has helped me with. One day I want to meet both women in person. 🙂 The friendships one forms in Blogville are strong and true. I value them highly with all my friends on here.
Now on to the exciting part! The book cover reveal for A Case of Deceit! Here you go!
Isn’t it great? I just love it! Tiny and I agree that it fits the story to a T! (or a Tee 😉 )
So look for The Canine Caper to come out sometime next month, fingers crossed! At the same time or very close to the same time I will be offering A Case of Deceit for pre-order! I’m so very excited and scared. It’s been a lot of hard work, but I’ve learned so many things and friendships have strengthened during this process. I couldn’t have done all this without Tiny’s help and encouragement. I owe her big time!
In fact, I owe so many people who have helped me on this journey, including the beta readers for The Canine Caper. Thank you all!
What do you think of the book cover? Do you have blog friends that never let you down? Let me know!
Hello People! Hope your week is going great! If not, I hope it gets better.
Now for some question and answers courtesy of Cee, over at Cee’s photography. She does this every week and it’s a great way to find new blogger friends or find out more about old blogger friends. So why not pop over there and give it a look? Join us! Thanks.
Are you a hugger or a non-hugger?
I’m a bit of both I think. I’ll give you a hug if you hug me first, but I very rarely, if ever initiate it on my own. The introvert in me, I think. I love hugs. So come on, give me a hug!
What’s your favorite ice-cream flavor?
The few times a year I have ice cream I will usually go with something with nuts in it. I love Rocky Road, or mint chocolate chip, something along those lines.
Do you prefer exercising your mind or your body? How frequently do you do either?
I enjoy doing both. I have slacked on the physical exercising since I hurt my knee months ago. Now I’m just lazy and I need to get out of that. As for the mind, I do lots of puzzles, reading, quizzes, word games, that sort of thing to try to keep it sharp. Plus, I love the challenge. I do it for my mind every day. Now I got to get my body on board.
Are you more of a dog person or a cat person? Why?
Probably more of a dog person. Although I love cats too. I better, since I have two of them critters. But, Sam, my dog is my buddy. He’s a little character, with a sharp mind and he’s funny. All these people saying dogs don’t have characters, well, they haven’t met my Sam. 😉
Basically though, I’m an animal person. I love all kinds.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I usually don’t answer this question, as last year was a super tough one for me. This year is starting out so much better, and it’s early yet! I am grateful for friends far and wide who have helped me and have promised to help me in the future. You people are the best. If it wasn’t for you I don’t know how lonely I would be. I also want to thank all of you that have contributed to my fundraiser for a mattress and fridge. You have made this year start out awesome! I have a deep respect and love for all of you. Thank you so much. You have no idea how this will help. (If you are wondering about my fundraiser, please click the sleeping lady in my sidebar and it will take you to my fundraiser page and that explains it all. Thank you.)
I’m looking forward to more writing this year and better sleep!
My heart hurts today and I’m not sure what I can do about it. A good friend of mine in this blog world is in trouble. This friend is like no other person I have ever met online or off.
This person, (I’m sure lots of you will have heard about it by now) has been accused of something they didn’t do. I know deep in my heart they didn’t do it! And I may not be able to talk to them again for a while. This not only hurts me, it worries me. My friend is strong, has a wonderful, supportive family and life partner. I know they will get through this stronger than ever. But it shouldn’t have happened in the first place!
That is what gets me so upset. The justice system failed. They believed liars and cheats.
I have read some other posts about this friend from other friends in the blogging world. I am going to link up their posts with mine. If anyone else knows of any other posts about this situation, please let me know so I can add their links too.
I want to make a link around the world in support of our mutual friend. They might not be able to see it right away. But at some point they will and it will help them see how much they are loved and supported! Please help me with this.
I am sending out all my positive vibes out to my friend and her family. May the light always be bright and beautiful and shine down on them always.
Hope everyone’s weekend was what you wanted it to be!
Considerings via Lizzi has this wonderful thing going on every weekend. We list 10 things we are thankful for. It helps build a feeling of gratitude, which is always good.
Join the Ten Things of Thankful community and work with us to nurture an attitude of gratitude. We use the whole weekend to focus on the Good Things in life. Make a list of Ten of those wonderful Things, then share the Wonderfulness with others.
We will prevail because we have compassion, and we have each other.
Here’s my list for this week:
I’m thankful for trying out new things. I joined NaPoWriMo this month and I will admit I am not a poet. But, I wanted to challenge myself as a writer and so I joined and have not missed a day so far. They might not be the greatest poems, but I’m happy with what I’ve done so far, and it stretches my writing. So it’s all good.
I have seen glimpses of Spring this week! It has gotten as warm as 19C (66F). I so enjoyed our little teaser of spring weather. Of course this Friday and this morning I woke up to snow again! Arg!!!! But at least it doesn’t last now. Spring is on the way!
I’ve enjoyed some great emails from friends this week. I so enjoy good friends and the words they write me. It might just be about their lives, but it connects me to them and I like that.
I’m even thankful for Trudy the Treadmill, (yes I’ve named my treadmill, what of it??) lol. Because without her I would not have lost the bit of weight I have this week. Yay!!!
Now that brings me to another thing I have been grateful for. Weight loss! I don’t know how much, as I don’t own a scale and refuse to get one, but I have noticed my clothes just tiny bit loose, so that’s always a good sign!
I’m grateful for a bit more movement in my left thumb. Let me explain. For the past several months my left thumb has been getting more and more stiff, till I couldn’t bend it all. I went to the doctors and he said I had an inflamed sheath around a nerve in my thumb. So, I had to go to a specialist and have a cortisone shot into my thumb. It’s still stiff, but it is starting to bend some again. And there is no longer any pain. I may need another shot though, as it is still not right.
I’m thankful for good music. I have been revisiting some real old music of my childhood and it’s great to listen to. Especially when you have a good friend to share it with.
As always I’m thankful for good coffee. Hey, without it I’m only half alive. Who wants a half alive writer on WordPress? Not me!
I’m thankful for all the inspiration around me to write. Not only all these poems, but other kinds of writings too. I see so much that inspires me, sometimes it’s a bit overwhelming. I just let my imagination fly!
I’m thankful for the support and encouraging words I receive here on this blog. I am so glad I started to fulfill I lifetime dream of writing. All of you have always had such nice things to say and have encouraged me to keep writing. As a good friend of mine would say, RAWR! hehehe
Hope your weekend is going great! Mine so far has been absolutely fantastic. Even with the snow and the -14c (7 F) weather. Spring right? Ha-ha! At least the sun is shining.
I have joined the great bloggers who post Ten Things of Thankful over at Considerings. It seems to be a Saturday event. Go on over and look around and maybe join. Lizzi is a very nice woman who writes so well. You will enjoy her blog even if you don’t join the Ten things of Thankful.
I also have a love affair with lists…..so it’s perfect for me! So let’s see what I’ve been thankful for this week.
1. Chances – Sounds strange right? Let me explain. I’m thankful for having more chances to live, to love, to be happy. Every day that I wake up in the morning is another day of chances. I am going to grab mine with both hands. Every. Single. Day. I have had some chances come my way this week that is frightening and exciting all at the same time. And you know what? I’m going for it!
2. Best Friends – I am so grateful for best friends. People who love me for me. For laughing with me and actually understanding my humor. For talking to me, for liking me. I love my best friend.
3. Coffee – Oh my, coffee is to me like a brown elixir of heaven. Really. It smells divine and tastes even better. It gets me going in the morning and winds me down at night. If anyone ever makes a perfume that smells like the finest coffee, I will buy it, wear it and fall in love with myself. Ha-ha!
4. Words – I’m so grateful for words. They can relate so much on how one feels. Either happy, sad, or worse. They can tell someone how you feel about them, they can lift a person up. They can save lives. Words are so powerful. They can make you powerful and strong and brave. Words can make you breathe in and say, “wow”. They make you feel. That has got to be one of the best things in the world, to feel. This week I have read and heard some pretty amazing things in words. Things that have me smiling all week.
5. Clean water – Here where I live, we had a time very recently where we had to boil all our water and conserve it at the same time. Our water treatment facility couldn’t keep up with the job of keeping our water clean. We had higher than usual runoff from the winter snow and it ran into our rivers where the water comes from. And our facility couldn’t keep up with keeping it clean, so there was bacteria in it. You really don’t appreciate clean water till you don’t have it anymore. No showers daily either. No washing clothes for a few days. Ugh. I was so happy when it was lifted and we could go back to normal.
6. Sunshine – It’s spring! Yeah, well, it’s supposed to be anyway. Here we had snow on the first day of spring and the day after. But today the sun is shining bright with the promise of warmer weather to come. We shall see. As it’s pretty cold yet. So I am just grateful for today’s sunshine.
7. Technology – I love technology. It’s so much easier to keep in touch with friends and loved ones. Even if they are thousands of miles away. Send an email, have a chat, send a message, and it is delivered instantly! I love it. And this week was extra special because of it…….
8. WordPress – Yes, I know, I hear you say, “that’s just strange girl!” It isn’t really. I am grateful for WordPress this week as I have ‘met’ some pretty awesome people on here this week and in the past. It’s a place where I can release my words, say things I want, no, need to say. It’s a place where good friends are made. I have some read some pretty wonderful things from other bloggers this week, so I’m grateful to have a place to go to that has that kind of great reading.
9. Books – I am always grateful for books. I love books. But this week I am grateful for friends who write books. Like my great friends Maddy Cochere and Helen Kuusela. They even let me interview them. Such trusting good friends that they are. You should go see what they are up to.
10. YOU! – Yeah, you! I’m grateful to all the readers who are nice enough to take some time out of their lives to read my blog and like or comment on all my stuff. Without you, this place would be pretty boring and sad. So yes, I’m grateful to each and every one of you.