This is something I started a few weeks ago. It’s just a list of small pleasures for the day, hour, minute. Sometimes when I feel overwhelmed and frustrated it’s good to look for the small pleasures in life. There are always some…no matter how bad a day you’re having. Certain times that seem the toughest is when we should really look for those small pleasures. Today just seemed right for another list.
Feel free to make your own list. If you do link back and let me know as I would love to read them.
- Spring weather…even though it makes my allergies act up, I still love to watch the temperature climb and things turn green and leafy.
- Friends….those the reach out to make sure I’m ok, or just to chat.
- Words….words strung together that make me smile, think or feel good. I’m in love with words.
- My cats….they caught their first springtime mouse this morning. Yes, in the house. We are surrounded by fields and it’s that time of the year. Good kitties.
- Hearing aids and the husband wearing them! haha! True. Otherwise, the TV would blast me out of the house or my mind. Possibly both.
- Hot coffee….Now you know I had to add that at some point. 😉
- My new dishwasher. I went without for three years and hated doing the dishes every day. I sure appreciate just loading them in the dishwasher, pushing a button and walking away. Ahhh, feels good.
- Not having to go to the emergency room this past weekend. The husband was pretty sick. We managed to stay out of the hospital. I think it was a flu bug he caught at the store from someone. His resistance is way down because of the chemo. He is on solid foods again and feeling tons better. Every day is an adventure in this house.
That’s my list for now. Could change later today. Who knows.
What would be on your list right now?
Because so many bloggers do a thankful Thursday post, which I thoroughly enjoy reading, I thought I would do one of my own. I’m calling it ‘My Incomplete List of Small Pleasures’.
I saw this title somewhere one day and wrote it down and I really like the Lemony Snicket type feel to it. Another reason why I like the title is my small pleasures change all the time. It changes daily, hourly, even minutely. One hour I could be having a shit day and the next something small gives me a smile and makes the day better instantly. I love those instances.
It’s also true that when you start listing things that make you happy or gives you pleasure you just can’t help but appreciate them more. One also starts to feel better. I may even make this a weekly series here. What do you think?
So for today, here is my incomplete list of small pleasures. Please feel free to steal this idea and post your own list! Just let me know so I can read it!
- My dog Sam who makes me smile every day. He’s a character.
- coffee, the smell, the taste, especially first thing in the morning.
- writing, putting words together to make a story come alive.
- friends, they make me smile all the time as they are such giving, wonderful people (you know who you are!)
- Sunshine, makes these old bones feel good and never fails to make me feel cheery
- clouds, they make my imagination soar
- coke zero…..ahhhhhh
- colors, whether they be on clothes, pencils, crayons, anything really. Bright, bold colors
- listening to rain on a quiet afternoon
- books…………any and all, they take me out of my world into another and I couldn’t be happier
- computers, they make a very big world smaller
- this blog, I have enjoyed writing on this blog ever so much,
That’s just a few things, I’m sure I could come up with more.
What are a few things that would be on your list?
Also, a reminder that my book ‘A Case of Deceit’ will be on sale starting tomorrow for FREE! So grab a copy this weekend and please leave a review after you read it. Thank you!