If you could wake up tomorrow and be fluent in any language you don’t currently speak, which would it be? Why? What’s the first thing you do with your new linguistic skills?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us TONGUE.
Ah, I love languages, all of them. I think our world is so blessed in many ways to have so many different languages spoken. The Daily Post for today is all about languages and which ones we want to learn.
I know exactly which language I would love to be fluent in. The language of my Native American ancestors. I’m half Potawatomi Indian. I look like my German father, though. But inside, my heart, my soul is Native American.
It’s so sad that so many Native American languages have become instinct. A lot of them are passed down through the elders to the young. Unfortunately the young don’t seem to want to learn. Such a shame. Some Native American languages don’t have a written one, just oral. Luckily Potawatomi language has both.
Potawatomi (also spelled Pottawatomie; in Potawatomi Bodéwadmimwen or Bodéwadmi Zheshmowen or Neshnabémwen) is a CentralAlgonquian language and is spoken around the Great Lakes in Michigan and Wisconsin, as well as in Kansas in the United States, and in southern Ontario in Canada, by 1300 Potawatomi people, all elderly. There is currently an effort underway to revive the language.
So for my first lesson I will learn how to say; Today is Monday ~~ Ngot gizhget ngom.
If you go to the link that I included in the sentence you will be able to hear what it sounds like.
Then of course there is just good old English. I have yet to conquer ‘proper English’. haha!
What languages do you wish you could know overnight?
- Daily Post: Take That, Rosetta! | Basically Beyond Basic
- Istanbul – çok pahalı çok güzel | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Let’s talk in verse | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Teachable Moments Are The Last Refuge Of Tyrants | The Jittery Goat
- Concrete Navy | Exploratorius
- Daily Prompt: Take That Rosetta | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Lovely language of love and lust – Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Cat Tongues are rough | Purple Rosemary
- Daily Prompt: Take That, Rosetta! | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Post: Take That, Rosetta! | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Screaming in Unheard Tongues | 365 days of defiance
- Give Me it ALL, Rosetta Stone | The Mercenary Researcher
- Daily Prompt: Being Fluent! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- Daily Prompt: Take That, Rosetta! | Step It Up
- A Punch! | Hope* the happy hugger
- DP Daily Prompt: Take That Rosetta! | Sabethville
- Arena de Verona – Bucket List | My Little Avalon
- Daily prompt : Take That Rosetta | La chica de la burbuja
- Daily Post: Take That, Rosetta! « cognitive reflection
- Mother tongue | A mom’s blog
- Daily Post: Take That : TONGUE: They Call It Puppy Love | heysugarsugar
- Daily Prompt: Take That, Rosetta! | imagination
- timoun radyan ini | peacefulblessedstar
- Daily Post: Take That, Rosetta! | seikaiha’s
- Daily Prompt: Take That, Rosetta « Mama Bear Musings
- A Prayer | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Puppy Tongues… | Haiku By Ku
- 262. New Fluency | Barely Right of Center
- ANYONE WANT SOME TONGUE? | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Post: Take That Rosetta! | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss