Today’s Daily Prompt:
Describe the one decision in your life where you wish you could get a “do-over.” Tell us about the decision, and why you’d choose to take a different path this time around.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us ITERATION.
So today I thought I would have a bit of fun with the daily prompt. Instead of reading about things I might have done in the past that I wish I could do over. (Which are very few for me) I’d give you some fun things to read, that fits the criteria of ITERATION. The definition of iteration is: 1. The act of repeating; a repetition.
So based from that definition I thought it might be fun to read some literature or poems that fit the definition of iteration, as in a repetition. I know, I’m loosely following the idea of the prompt, but hey, I can do it if I want. I’m such a rebel! They did say do it our way.
Because I do not hope to turn again
Because I do not hope
Because I do not hope to turn
Desiring this man’s gift and that man’s scope
I no longer strive to strive towards such things
(Why should the agèd eagle stretch its wings?)
Why should I mourn
The vanished power of the usual reign?
And then there is good old Mother Goose……
A SEASONABLE SONG
Piping hot, smoking hot.
What I’ve got
You have not.
Hot gray pease, hot, hot, hot;
Hot gray pease, hot.
To market, to market, to buy a fat pig,
Home again, home again, jiggety jig.
To market, to market, to buy a fat hog,
Home again, home again, jiggety jog.
To market, to market, to buy a plum bun,
Home again, home again, market is done.
And then of course there is Dr Seuss……..
Waiting for the fish to bite
Or waiting for wind to fly a kite.
Or waiting around for Friday night
Or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake
Or a pot to boil or a better break
Or a string of pearls or a pair of pants
Or a wig with curls or another chance.
Everyone is just waiting.
- Thawing inch by inch | Never Stationary
- Condemned | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Home | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- It wasn’t even a nokia | Casually Short
- Dale And The Surreal | The Jittery Goat
- A Memory from the Kitchen Years | AS I PLEASE
- Second Chance | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- The Affair: Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Things I regret | muffinscout
- Into the Forest I Wish I Went | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- DP Daily Prompt: I Did it My Way | Sabethville
- in your mother tongue, | y
- Daily Prompt: I Did it My Way | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Climbing the Stick — Redux | Exploratorius
- Hindsight, the Road not Taken and a Conversation with a Man Named Nicodemus | meanderedwanderings
- Wish Upon A Star | marjanitalarosa
- Daily Post: Bye, Bye Paris | Willow Blackbird
- Daily Prompt: I Did it My Way | The Wandering Poet
- Equivocation | La Gatita Oscura
- It’s time to complain (Again) | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- No regrets | A mom’s blog
- Redo from Start! | L5GN
- His plan for me (pantoum) | peacefulblessedstar
- While I’m Away From You My Son | Raising Jed
- Too Much… | Tommia’s Tablet
- Wish to Uncover the hidden secrets of human brain | Outreach
- This is My Life | Real Momma Ramblings
- No Regrets Here | The Shotgun Girls
- Major Alert | Wanderlein
- OmG … Noodles Grow On My Head | So Not Simple
- Daily Prompt: I Did it My Way « Mama Bear Musings