Lizzi over at Considerings and her co-hosts for Ten Things of Thankful are celebrating hitting #50 this weekend! Yay! It’s a wonderful idea that Lizzi came up with. By making the list, especially when you’ve had a tough week, makes you more aware of things in your life you are thankful for.
So please, join us and help celebrate being thankful!
1. I’m thankful for plans coming together. I have some long-range plans, that I’m not ready to reveal yet, but rest assured they are great! Things are falling into place and I couldn’t be happier. I love it when a plan comes together.
2. I’m thankful for friends. Best friend, long distance friends, online friends. They make me smile and make me feel loved. I hope I do the same for them.
3. I’m thankful for the warm weather! Finally, here in Alberta we are actually having a spring! It’s been warm and sunny and all the trees are leafed out. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever come. But it’s here and I’m grateful.
4. I’m thankful for blogging friends. I ask for favors and they go out of their way to help me. Can’t ask for better than that! So thank you Michael and Martin for doing that blogging process hop for me, you guys are awesome!
5. I want to thank Lizzi over at Considerings for having the concept of Ten Things of Thankful. Sometimes we need a nudge to think of things to be thankful for and you know what? We can always find something to be thankful for and that’s a good thing. So go over to Lizzi’s place and read some of the awesome posts from all the bloggers who are thankful for something! Maybe even contribute yourself. If you can’t find 10 things I bet you can find at least 5.
6. I am thankful that I have lived in a place where I received an education, even though I am a female. I am doubly thankful that I live in a country where even though being female has its set of problems, I don’t have to be afraid just because I AM a female. Not like in some places in the world, where if you have read the news 2 sisters were raped and hung just because they were females. Now if that isn’t scary, I don’t know what is. Sure, we have ‘rape culture’, and we have our own set of problems. But these women, girls, females have it much, much worse and I wonder about a world that would let this happen and continue to let this happen this day and age.
7. I’m thankful for modern technology. Computers had made this big old world a lot smaller. The internet is not perfect, but it’s pretty darn close. If I want to learn about something, I look it up. If I want to read a certain book, I find it and buy it, or sometimes get it free! I don’t have to waste time or gas by going to the library to try to find it. I can do it all in the comfort of my office chair and home. How great is that?
8. I’m thankful for people who have that artist’s knack of taking photos. I have been looking online for photos to use as writing prompts and have found some wonderful ones that truly speak to me. These people who take those photos have a creative mind and a wonderful ‘eye’ for what makes great photos. I am so grateful. Makes my writing process so much easier when you have excellent photos to work from.
9. I’m thankful for polite people. It’s amazing how many people are out there that would not say ‘please’ or ‘thank you’ if their life depended on it! Then you encounter some that just make you smile, they are pleasant, polite and have a smile for you. I try to be like that. To everyone. You never know when someone is having a terrible day and a nice smile and thank you could make it so much nicer. Remember people, you might be having a tough day, but there is someone out there who is having it much worse. It takes less energy to smile than to frown. Why not make someone’s day today?
10. Last but certainly not least, I”m thankful for people who love me. They don’t want anything from me, they don’t have hidden agendas, they just love me for who I am. They know who they are. I just want to say thank you for loving me. I love you too.
Now go and think of what YOU are thankful for this weekend! I bet you can come up with some awesome things! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!